Monday, December 2, 2013

Jesus Season

Well I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving, mine was a bit bitter sweet. As the tears have come & gone my kids are older and starting their families so trying to get everyone together at the same time took some maneuvering. We got to have Jacinda, Steven & Athena I til about 6:00 pm then off to his family they went, they got to say hello/goodbyes to David & Isabel as they were leaving & David was arriving. It's okay (yup, I know not something you hear out of my mouth) but you see Saturday I got all my kids & grandbaby together. We spent the day shopping at the mall, eating at David's favorite place Andreas at Ventura Harbor then Ice Cream at Coastal Cones....

 Finally to get our tree together (last time together as a family my heart tells me, yup, I know, my kids are starting to start their own traditions) & Starbucks for coffee & cocoa. Ohhhh the gifts are already under the tree & I know we got the best one!!!


December is finally among us (finally??? Geesh it's come too soon) it feels like summer just ended; guess the 80 degree weather doesn't help. Anyways... This much needed 4 day weekend feels like it flew. Thanksgiving & Fall decorations are out, back in storage and in with the Christmas decorations.. Not to get me confused, I am not into the whole commercial "buy buy buy" aspect of it but I do love the colors, smells, baking, get together business' of the month. I got soo much planning (yup I know, me plan hahaha) But last night pastor  preached on just that.. a lady that had every detail of her life planned down in 15 minute increments...Low and behold at that moment I get a little nudge from my wonderful daughter (they know me best) and she whispered "glad your not that bad" my response..am I really bad (yup, i know..coming from the lady that did every cute thing for a shower she seen on pinterest) That got me to thinking, what do I want out of this season?? Plan every minute of the month? New recipes to bake? Buy Athena all the cute outfits I've seen? The UGG boots I have been begging Jesse for 2 years for? NO none of that.. I want to see my kids and family serve God.. Isn't that the whole reason for this season? Jesus was born otherwise there would of never been resurrection and without that where would we all be? Its time to think about all the JOY (Jesus, Others, You) of CHRISTmas. Have a blessed, worry free Jesus Season! 

John 12:46
I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment