Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Stepping it Up

Where has the summer gone... its like just yesterday I was writing about getting ready for conference and we are back, have had numberous outreachs, door scenes, park carnivals, a wedding, and a revival... and that was all squeezed in just in the last two weeks. 


I just finished reading a blog by a women I have always admired, but recently have come to really appreciate her words. She is an unspoken hero in my book... she wrote about "taking time to breath" Boy is that some seriously wise words that I should listen too.. I get so caught up with any little task I do. Don't get me wrong I love every minute of it, but sometimes I do get a little overwhelmed but a bit too prideful and controlling stop and breath (yup, I know.... me prideful and controlling).  
Jesse & I have been having such a personal breakthrough with our Young D.O.G.s (Disciples of God) youth group. We got them going on outreach, wanting to just hang out with us, (how many teenagers do you know that want to hang out with two old geezers...even if were cool geezers.. hee hee)

 Last Sunday he did an illustration on what Jesus means to us... and his death.... how it affects us.. he had each kid be a part of the walk and crucifix  of Jesus.. he had one kid carry the cross.. and went into detail..

He really touched the kids after service one kid came up and said that was one of his favorite studies... See Jesse has such a soft heart for people especially kids, I think alot of that stems from him not really enjoying or getting to be a kid for so long in his childhood.The bible talks about when you grow old put childhood things behind.. but Jesus has given Jesse the heart to keep those things to really touch these kids. 
Revival wasn't something I was looking up to (yup I know.. what??) I was just exhausted going non stop was taking a toll on me plus working Overtime at work also ( the devil soo knows how to try to distract me) The last night of revival was something new ..a prayer and prophecy service... the girls were sooo excited to see what God had for them.. they went EXPECTING.. and guess what.. each girl, Cinda, Bell & Myra each got a word.. and on point with where each girl was on her walk with God. I was a ball of tears as the Pastor spoke.. then he came up to my Hubby... time for his to step up his game... god wants him to make disciples not just be a disciple...
The pastor asked us what we wanted to pray for.. I told him something that was really dear to my heart.. and after service I got a message from someone at another church that it happened..  Isn't God Great!!! He knows us better than we know ourselves.. knows what we need not what we want. But does gives us the desires of our hearts.. especially when its for souls.
I am ready for the new school year to move upon us and see what more exciting things God has for us. Have an awesome rest of the week!!! 
Ephesians 5:1 
Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.


1 comment:

  1. Power. There's so much power in what you are all doing for the people (and especially kids) in PH. Your sweetness and smile have always been an inspiration to me! I love you, my mija!

    ReplyDelete