Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Blessed Life



What an overwhelming weekend. First off it started on Thursday setting up for my daughters baby shower. It was just as I imagined it, all jungle themed. Down to the raffia skirt wrapped tables to the painted clay pots that had animals inserted in them. Friday continued with the baking, me being the OCD, control freak, I had to make everything from the cones filled with peanuts (yup, I know…peanuts??? Jungle theme remember) to the chocolate covered Oreos or chocolate dipped rice krispie treats. Let’s not forget the jungle themed cupcake tower. Yeah, Jesse told me I over did it all…but the look and the hug I got from Jacinda, because she absolutely loved everything (she is not an easy one to please, my picky child) was worth every hour put into this, did I forget to mention this is my first grandbaby??

Well the morning of the shower I was running around like crazy still trying to put last minute things together and buy the ice cream (ohhh yeah banana split bar too)… But as usual my P.I.C. (partner in crime) my wonderful husband Jesse was there to save the day and be at my beckon call. As the guests arrived I thought for sure my right hand man would be leaving since it was for women only, but him knowing me, stayed (yup, I know…I am one lucky lady) and thank goodness because I did still need his help. Jacinda was overwhelmed with blessings galore, or shall I say Athena was. As the shower was coming to an end Annabel made her sister a surprise slide show of them growing up, of course I had to stand out of the room otherwise I would have been a pool full of tears.. Jesse wasn’t as wise… he ended up having to put his sunglasses on in the church to hide his eyes. He’s such a teddy bear.

Sunday we had service and Steven & Jacinda went before the congregation to thank everyone for everything, especially the prayers and guidance. Now that brought the pool of tears.







As the long weekend came to an end, Jesse made breakfast for us girls and as he was cooking, I was in the kitchen talking to him.. we were saying how we never thought this year would be a year of new beginnings… like starting childrens church, doing Park Outreaches or Door Scenes, WAIT.. becoming grandparents. So much in sooo little time. God is great and faithful with all.

 We ended up at my dads for a Labor Day BBQ and swim in the pool




I can honestly say, everything may not be perfect in my world all of the time but I am gonna be a grandma, am married to my best friend, have 3 awesome kids, have the best pastor & his wife, and church I go to, I must say,  Yup, I know… I AM BLESSED!!!!

Romans 15:29

But I know that when I come to you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment