Thursday, January 30, 2014

Walls Up

So January is already over and so much has happened in my emotion roller coaster kinda life. So much to catch you all up on.
The month started out sooo perfectly heading to Prescott Arizona for our January Fellowship Conference.

 We got to meet up with so many old friends from the North West. I know Jesse and I were both a little apprehensive about seeing them. But with Gods Grace everything was perfect, lots of tears of joy. Seeing my old friend Mitch, was such a blessing and brought me back to the beginning joys of when I first became a Christian. 

I know the devil was out for us from the get go, because by day 2, we got a call saying Annabel was being rushed to the emergency room. I was like really?? Now?? But with prayer and faith, she was fine, no broken ribs (the life of a wrestler).

 I then met a pastors wife from New Mexico in the elevator (yup, I know, God knows what he is doing) she gave me some information on a new church in the town my cousin lives in. I text my cousin that day and her and her husband have been faithful going to that new work, Mike is even attending the morning prayer. My prayers for them have been non stop, we played hard together, now we will serve hard together. All because of God's timely ways.

So many timely messages were preached and one that really sticks out was by Pastor Warner, 3,2,1....life changing experiences... Well on the last day of conference I got one of those life changing experiences, it was an unexpected phone call. That call did something to me that I find myself having a hard time to tear this wall down that came up when that call was received and I knew the events were taking place as we drove back to California. I hate crying, but our drive home consisted of just that and Jesse laying hands on me praying. I know when I put a wall up, its so I don't get hurt, to me it feels like every time I take a brick off it makes me vulnerable for just that (to get hurt) Were is God in all this I ask, and that's the problem, my my wall goes up, I find it hard to pray and seek him... Yup, I know to honest, because he should be the one I run to so HE can tear down these walls he so wonderfully does. 
Well its the 3rd week of coming home from conference and my shell is still there but I know I am little by little trying, to come out my shell. Jesse has been very supportive and is a true blessing to have as a partner. 

Okay enough with the downer, for some awesome upbeat news.. Jesse and I started up a youth bible study, and Annabel was able to get 3 of the wrestlers to come, I was so gloriously blessed to be able to pray with the two girls, (that took two bricks off my heavy heart) it reminds me of Gods awesome power to save. The most awesome part of that was they are excited to come back next week and actually showed up to Bible Club (did I mention our pastor is a High School math teacher where Annabel goes to school and holds a Bible Club meeting every week) That is such a milestone Jesse and I have been praying for. We want the next generation to catch the Vision we have been laboring for, and its coming to pass. 

Well, in two weeks we will be having Pastor Warner and his wife bless us with a Marriage Seminar. It's time for me to really start tearing down this wall and believe God is going to put spiritual blinders on me to protect my heart. Pray for us and I pray for all you!! Have a blessed week!!!

Isaiah 25:12
The fortress of the high fort of your walls He will bring down, lay low, And bring to the ground, down to the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment