Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What are you hiding????

My last entry was only after months of dwelling on something internal that was spiritually killing me, my marriage, my family but most of all my walk with God. We are in the midst of a revival at church and my hubby asked me before it started if I was going into it with an open heart and mind. I told him I would go in with an open mind, but my heart is mine. I was still to afraid to give it out, just to be shred to pieces again (yup, I know.... over exaggerating my emotions again). We kicked off the revival with one of our carnivals at the park,  Jesse asked me mid-way if I would give my testimony.. there was no thinking about that one.. I instantly said No. Then on Sunday Morning, I was so excited to be in nursery (if you know me, you know I really am not big on nursery, but I figured it was better than what God was going to be doing to my heart) After service as usual during a revival some kind of quarrel comes up between me and Jess... and it was a doosey.... but then I seen it with my daughter and her husband. I had to sit back giggle and then think "What am I doing", remember those inherited curses I was talking about? Yeah I ain't breaking those chains, I am giving them to my kids and their growing families. GOD Smote me (not literally but spiritually) something broke inside me. I went to service that night EXPECTING great things. Was it an over the top sermon? Did the heavens open? Nope none of that.. just straight preaching and something started to turn in me. Then last night, I seen miracles.. things I have been holding onto that no one knows about but God were revealed in the preaching. Simple words, about hiding the hurt, brokenness and that's what I had been doing, and all the while blaming God and my Husband, for things that are far beyond their control. I thank God for his faithfulness. Its on his timing. I had to go through this to see his truth and power, and I did just that.
The next miracle, was couples and families that havent been at service showed up. Words of encouragement were given out. My heart is right and ready for the next chapter of what God has for Jess and I. and I know its BIG!!!!  Have an awesome day!!!

1 Chronicles 28:9
“As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment