Sunday, April 5, 2015

Resurrection.....Day

So it's Easter Sunday already and time has flown by this year it seems like. I've been on my usual teeter totter of emotions. I have been dealing a lot with my hubby's physical illness's first he was diagnosed with shingles and stayed home for some days. I knew something was wrong when he said he was in pain. See my hubby is the backbone of our family and has a high tolerance for pain, so when he complains even just a little "momma bear" gets worried. Then he went on to get a bump on his head removed thinking it was a cyst only to find out it was a tumor. There goes a couple more days home and more worrying. We just received word on Thursday when they removed the stitches that it was not malignant!!!  Thank God for all his promises and faithfulness even when we fall short and are wandering.
We decided to start spring off with a family camping trip and invited Jesse's brother's family and my daughter & son in law. It was three days of sun, food, jet skiing, volleyball, food, bean bag game (new awesome game Jess found) and did I mention food??? As usual I overdid it on the sun the first day that I was dying by the second day. I'll never learn (yup, I know... I'm told every summer). Athena got to go on her first ride on the seadoo, she is gonna be our water baby.

After a week of busy work for me and Jesse having a slow week it was another weekend of family. My niece turned one and we headed south for the festivities.



 Leaving early to prepare for our Easter festivities only to get a shocking phone call from family in New Mexico that go to the same fellowship as us. They informed us their pastor answered the call again to pioneer 4 states away. My cousin wa hurt, excited and in shock it was just Announced at their annual conference in El Paso. Even with all the shock he said something that helped resurrect my heart. He said that he learned from him and is sad to see him go "but he is not serving man but GOD" I know that in my heart but in life it's so hard. Its crazy because before all this I have been praying with a friend from work and crazily getting discrenmanship on what God is dealing with her with. Once again God is amazing even when we fall short. I feel like, should I even be praying with you if my heart is hardened at times??? Then we had some people from church over to tell us we needed to do what God wanted us to do...once again easier said than done.. but that night again another confirmation. A guy Jesse prayed for 2 years ago called him out of the blue (not knowing our situation) and asked for prayer and just someone to talk to... Again.. I know we need to do what God wants us to do. You want to trust and get that direction your yearning for.. But I know it's back to the basics and trusting Gods word. We went to church this morning and the children's church put on a cute puppet show. But even during the song service in the beginning of the service God was nudging me on some areas that I'm   struggling with but am being down right prideful and rebellious in (yup, I know my honesty can be a bit much) so during the alter call I told my hubby "we need to go up and get this prayer and direction going, because being in the desert we are gonna die before 40 years.. Hahaha (we both turn 40 next month) But I meant it as the isrealites wandering for 40 years... (yup, I know I'm too much) But I know God heard my prayers and is working... I'm ready for the move!!! Happy Resurrection Day!!!




1 Corinthians 15  
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures



No comments:

Post a Comment