Monday, October 13, 2014

One Year Old

Well believe it or not, just one year ago I was writing on how faith got me through such a roller coaster ride of the birth of my 1st grandchild Athena RaeLynn Madera. She has brought so much joy and love into my life, I tear up just thinking of all the behind the scenes of my ugly character that she has changed, just by being here. I thank God everyday for her. Last Thursday she got her very first ear infection (yup, I know... two days before her birthday party). But the party was in full motion and everything turned out perfect. My pastor and his family showed up with others from our congregation and a handfull of family members. I do have to say... so glad its over.. LOL don't get me wrong. I love planning parties.. but thats just it.. I love planning them, but thats all I would rather not entertain, even though I'm good at it. I would like to for once just sit back and watch. But me being me (was called OCD and Control Freak this week) I don't think I could sit back. LOL. Its ok I can designate pretty well. 












I would have to say the best part of the party was seeing my mom there and seeing what an awesome woman of God she has become and is allowing God to mold her, she has bypassed everything I ever thought she would do. I honestly wasn't expecting her to show up, due to some family issues, but she did. Not only did she show up, she stayed, she did walk out the room, compose herself and came back in and showed me and everyone else the Joy of the Lord and all he is doing in her life. See had this situation arise 2 years ago, I know for a fact my mom would not of showed up or she would of and it would of ended in yelling and fighting (yup, I know .. .overexagerating) but for reals.. it would of! But like I said GOD IS AMAZING.. its all on his timing of  what he is doing in our lives.. we just have to be patient, its not in our timing.. I have waited 40 years to have my mom.. .not a mother.. but my mom, and I know my girls and I are enjoying every minute we have with her. Have an awesome week. Its back to the fathers business and prepare to see souls saved this month, with Harvesters next week and our "Dead End" Drama for Halloween.
Ecclesiastes 3
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment