Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Tree Fiasco

Every year during Thanksgiving weekend we get our Christmas Tree, its been like that since jesse and I have been together. This Thanksgiving weekend came and left so fast this year and no tree, we were sooo busy with Family and guests this year (David brought home a Marine buddy that wasn't able to go home for the holidays so we opened our  home up to him) He stayed all the way through Sunday. He even went to Anaheim with us to see Annabel wrestle at the first tournament for the season. She came in 3rd only losing to a girl that is ranked 4th in State. She is focused for this year and I'm excited to see how far she will go.

Okay, getting back to my Christmas Tree Story, Jesse left the Friday after Thanksgiving Weekend to Phoenix for a Men's Rally in our fellowship, meaning another weekend without a Tree. Ohhh No.. I needed that tree in my home. So Friday when Annabel got out of school I decided we would do it. We ended up at Cheesecake Factory for a nice dinner, then walked around the Oaks, (we had to walk off the Gluttony of a meal we had just endured) Leaving the Oaks, we both complained how tired we were and it was dark already, but we trudged on, getting 2 cups of coffee to spark up our passion to get the tree. Many of you know me and Belly are vertically challenged and our suburban is pretty high up (Yup, I know.. .I have to jump to get inside the driver seat, and have the seat pulled all the way forward to drive) Well we finally arrived at Home Depot and Belly was like "mom, how are we going to get that tree on the suburban" Ohh Ye of Little Faith!!! The Awesome worker at Home Depot Put it on top of it for us and even tied it down, of course Bell was watching the mirror the whole time making sure the tree didn't go flying off. When we finally got home we were stratergizing how we were going to get it off the roof of the SUV.. Annabel climbed on one side and me on the other, I wish I had someone taking pictures of this. When we finally off the car and took it upstairs, got it in the tree stand (only 2 hours to try to stand up in the stand without falling over). Here is the finishing tree... None of the ornaments match and the kids ornaments from elementary school are on it... See I am OCD remember and the oranments are supposed to match and be set on a theme, but with my age (and knowing Athena will be making me ornaments soon) I figured I would let Annabel go at it this year, so when Athena wants to, the kids can't complain. (shhhhhh... yup, I know not fair)
Sooo there you go... Wait.. no Fiasco in that story.. well i'm not done. Bell and I finally went to sleep, since she had to wrestle and be in Oxnard at 10 am the next morning, so while I was in a deep sleep I heard the loudest CRASH ever at 6 in the morning. I thought the building got hit or a train crashed across the street, but in an instant.. I remembered I put up the tree the day before. So I jumped out of bed and ran to the living room, my instincts were correct, my wonderful tree was on its side water all over the gifts and just lying there pitiful. I instantly texted jesse ( WE ARE GETTING A FAKE TREE NEXT YEAR & YOUR NEVER ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE STATE DURING THIS TIME OF YEAR EVER AGAIN).He laughed at me and called me, I could hear the guys in the background making fun of me. Ohhh talk about getting my adrenaline up and not being to go back to sleep. Annabel and I had to get a ladder to hold the tree up till Jesse got home that night. It was the most depressing looking tree ever. Well we got our tree up and ornaments back on, gifts re-wrapped (yup, i know.. they all got wet) But its gonna be a good Christmas, I got all my children coming home and my Mom. Have an awesome rest of the week!!!
Matthew 8:26
“Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?”


No comments:

Post a Comment