Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Wrestling, Valentines & Life

We are coming up to a quick end to Wrestling Season. This is one of the most stressful emotional anxiety attack time for me, and I'm not even the one wrestling, This last weekend we were in Santa Maria for the CIF Qualifications.. .See all season comes up to this moment, so top 8 girls at this tournament qualified for CIF, then top 8 at CIF head to STATE. Annabel my youngest, is following in her big brother and sisters footsteps. I have never seen her so determined and focused. 

Well we went to CIF Finalists, and my Belly was one win away from heading to State, she lost that match without crying (Yup, I know...holding it in) She came home from having a team dinner  went straight to her dad's arms in tears.. it broke me. I still tear up. I know how hard she worked and wanted this. But she is only a sophmore and 28 of the girls in her 32 man bracket were seniors. She made it to day two and put in some serious work. She knows we are proud of her win or lose. She knows she is better that she was last year and will only improve. 

The awesome part of going to CIF Finalist is it was held in Eastvale, Ca. Jesse's sister lives there and opened her home up to 7 wrestling girls, 2 coaches, 2 wrestling moms and me & Jesse of course. She was such a blessing. Jesse and I showed up 2 hours before the team, his mom & sister cooked for everyone (not realizing wrestlers can't eat before the day of a big tournament, due to needing to make weight) that made Jess happy of course since his mommy made his favorite spaghetti (yup I know... spoiled baby, hmmm i do the same for my baby david...hee hee). After the first day of wrestling we left after Annabel's last match to head back to jesse's sisters house to BBQ some Chicken, salad, rice for the girls. David showed up and two of his old wrestling buddies from the high school drove down to cheer on our wrestling family (his sister opened her home up again) My dad showed up too.. That was soo awesome to see him go and encourage the girls after a loss.. reminding them to love the game, win or lose. 
The tournanments last day was on Valentines, and by the last match I was exhausted (and i didn't even wrestle) I ended up catching the flu, by day one.. I was living off Orange Juice and Dayquil. I felt like my head was going to explode. We came straight home and my loving hubby went and bought me some caldo de pollo (chicken stew), orange juice and nyquil.. i was out by 7 pm and didn't get up till almost 10 am then next morning. Nice Valentines huh...That night around midnight I heard  him praying, laying hands on me. I was a little groggy, but the prayers he prayed touched me. I know he is seeking Gods guidance with some questions he has. He has been getting council from a pastor/friend that he has. I just know that without God and a Vision we will perish.. I know for the both of us we can't go back to our old selves and trying so hard not to, the bible talks about becoming 7 times worse.. or being like a dog returning to his vomit. Those scriptures scare me. We have a lot of work and prayer ahead of us as to the direction we need to go, but I am trusting my God, Husband and the prayers from people that I know have been praying for us.


Isaiah 29:14
 Therefore, behold, I will again do a marvelous work Among this people, A marvelous work and a wonder; For the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, And the understanding of their prudent men shall be hidden.”

No comments:

Post a Comment